Okay I just got back from my canoeing expedition. It was 4 days 3 nights and hell it was tough. I left Changi Sea Sports Club with blisters, sand fly bites, sunburn and tan skin. If you ask if the expedition was fun, I can only say it's memorable.
Day 1
Justin, Zhen Jie and I met at Tanah Merah MRT station before taking Bus 2 to Changi Village. Justin and I were reluctant to go for the expedition and wanted to back out there and then after eating the famous Nasi Lemak at Changi Village.
But still we went for it anyways.
Our instructor Chris, told us about the kayaking formation, introduced to us the paddles and the kayak itself.
That night ended off with some group games, where we introduced ourselves to each other and had to say 2 statements, where one is a truth and the other is false. If the chosen person guessed the wrong statement that is true then he'll have to do a forfeit.
Didn't really sleep much that night. That night, I lay in my sleeping bag and watched the moon in the sky move from the left to the right.
Day 2
Justin and I were suppose to be kayaking partners, but it so happen that we had to partner a canoeist each. So we were shuffled again, Justin with Samuel and I was with Pei Han.
Pei Han is a really really fit girl; she's friendly and really sociable. To be honest, she was the one doing all the paddling as my arms were aching like mad when we started kayaking our journey all the way to Sembawang around Pulau Ubin. That 24km was hell to all of us, even to the people from canoeing.
Upon reaching the muddy slimy sticky beach of Sembawang, we were "welcomed' by a heavy downpour. All we could do is to hide under the pier and wait for the rain to stop, as we weren't allowed inside the Bottle Tree Village. Everyone was shivering as the wind kept blowing in our direction.
After the rain stopped, we went to Sembawang Park to shower. It was roughly 1-2km away from Bottle Tree Village. The place was seriously messed up. At that time, Justin and I really wanted to just get the fuck out wherever we were then. The morale of the expedition was seriously low then and I can tell that everyone was feeling the same way as us. Most of our handphones, PSP, Mp3 players died, from all the kayaking we did. The thrash bags that wrapped our bags were prone to holes and water just flow in. Ziplocks are really useless, even after 2 ziplocks, my wallet still got wet. But thankfully my 2 towels and all my clothes soaked up the water before it could reach my handphone and psp.
We made our long walk back to the Bottle Tree Village, with people even singing national songs. I think it was then our expedition became closer.
Bottle tree village didn't let us in until it was 11:30pm, so we waited at the car park till then. At the mean time, we had a bitching session where we just shared our emotions and thoughts.
The sleep that night was simply awesome. Even though we were all sleeping on the floor, we all slept soundly through the night all the way to morning.
I'll continue with Day 3 and Day 4 tomorrow. This is fucking long.
No comments:
Post a Comment